Residential Life Central Operations is hiring Special Project Assistants for Summer 2021. Special Project Assistants are undergraduate students who are actively enrolled in a degree-granting program. We have 12 positions available to fill. Work Study recipients are welcome, but an award is not required.
Starting Salary: $14.50
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours/week from Monday, May 17, 2021* through Fall 2021 Move-In (early September).
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
*We can be flexible with 5/17 start date for those who have leases that begin on June 1, 2021 and those who take summer classes.
Opportunity to continue part-time through the Fall 2021 – Spring 2022 academic year will be made available depending on work performance and expressed interest. Successful applicants are required to assist with opening (move-in) and closing (move-out) during the academic year. Please note academic rates will apply during this time.
Applications Due: Not Currently Accepting Applications
- You must be a currently enrolled (6 or more credits) undergraduate student at UMass Amherst in good standing.
- Must possess a current driver’s license.
- Must not be under a judicial sanction or other legal restriction that may limit access to residential and academic buildings on campus.
- Able to accomplish heavy lifting and moving.
- Must commit to working through Fall 2021 Move-In (early September).
- Prior landscaping and other compatible outdoor experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Grounds work such as mowing, raking, gardening, weeding, plant bed creation/maintenance, mulching, planting flowers, shrubs and occasional trees, and pruning.
- Other tasks beyond landscaping may include assisting full-time trades to remove construction debris from on-going projects within halls and apartments, moving furniture and equipment, delivery/retrieval of moving bins, mail runs, and other requested activity that will provide service to our primary stakeholders.
* Daily tasks will be undertaken in both inclement and excellent weather conditions*
How to Apply
Applicants accepted for an interview will speak with Donna Fitzgibbon, Special Projects Supervisor, and Administration and Customer Service Manager, Sarah Moretti. Interviews will take place via Zoom. Donna and Sarah will endeavor to select individuals who are perceived to be a great fit for the program, residential community, and Central Operations team.
If interested please email Sarah Moretti at email@example.com with your resume and indicate if you have any landscaping experience in the email. Please include at least three time slots of availability between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. during the weeks of May 10th – May 28th 2021.
How to Apply: Via Email
Contact: Sarah Moretti
Department: Residential Life, Central Operations
160 Tillson Farm Road
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003