Starting Salary: $16.25
Work Schedule: 24 hours per pay cycle on average
Hours: Mon – Fri 4:00pm – 11:00pm; Sat – Sun *12:00pm – 8:00pm
*Some exceptions at opening/closing periods, with the possibility to work M – F 9:00am – 4:30pm on occasion
Applications Due: not currently accepting applications
Application submitted via umass.erezlife.com
The Residential Service Desk Student Supervisor provides functional supervision of the eight RSDs and their student staff in the evenings and on weekends. RSDSS serve as a first point of contact for troubleshooting issues and provides back up and support for the RSD staff. Students who can provide a full academic year commitment, have been awarded work study, and who are seeking leadership opportunities are encouraged to apply. Staff members will be trained in all aspects of Residential Service Desk policies and procedures. This position typically works 12 hours per week during the academic year, with the exception of training/opening/closing periods, when hours are increased.
- You must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student at UMass Amherst.
- You must be able to work 24 hours per pay period the outlined operating hours.
- In the spring semester, you must be available to return to campus for training from January 20, 2022 and remain on campus through May 15, 2022 to assist with closing.
- You must be mature, self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude.
- You must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- You must have strong leadership skills or previous supervisory experience.
- Be a creative lateral thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess previous customer service experience.
- You must have a valid drivers’ license and complete the Motor Vehicle Idling Policy test.
- Hire is contingent upon successful completion of SPIRE FERPA.
- You must be able to work a scheduled variety of weeknights, holidays and weekends.
- One full semester of experience working in a Residential Service Desk.
- Experience living in the University residence halls.
- Possess a working knowledge of Residential Life policies and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in an office setting with knowledge of professional etiquette.
- Knowledge of working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong commitment to working on a team/in a group setting.
*Training dates are subject to change.
Applications will be evaluated based on your previous work experience and your ability to demonstrate how it transfers to a RSDSS position, the detailed content of your answers, and a check of references.