Starting Salary: $13.50
Work Schedule: 24 hours per pay cycle on average
Hours: Mon – Fri 4:00pm – 11:00pm; Sat – Sun *12:00pm – 8:00pm
*Some exceptions at opening/closing periods, with the possibility to work M – F 8:30am – 5:00pm on occasion
Applications Due: February 10th, 2019
This position requires a full academic year commitment beginning August 22nd, 2018 through closing May 12th 2019. Staff members will be trained in all aspects of Residential Life Student Services policies and procedures. This position typically works 12 hours per week during the academic year, with the exception of training/opening/closing periods, when hours are increased.
- You must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student at UMass Amherst.
- You must be able to work 24 hours per pay period the outlined operating hours.
- You must be available to attend staff training beginning August 26, 2019*.
- In the spring semester, you must be available to return to campus for training from January 15 – 16, 2020* from 8:30am – 5:00pm and remain on campus through May 10, 2020 to assist with closing.
- You must be mature, self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude.
- You must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- You must have strong leadership skills or previous supervisory experience.
- Be a creative lateral thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess previous customer service experience.
- You must have a valid drivers’ license and complete the Motor Vehicle Idling Policy test.
- Hire is contingent upon successfully attend SPIRE/FERPA training to achieve staff access in SPIRE.
- You must be able to work through the end of each hall closing process.
- You must be able to work a scheduled variety of weeknights, holidays and weekends.
- One full semester of experience working in a Residential Service Desk.
- Experience living in the University residence halls.
- Possess a working knowledge of Residential Life policies and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in an office setting with knowledge of professional etiquette.
- Knowledge of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Strong commitment to working on a team/in a group setting.
*Training dates are tentative at this time and subject to change.
Please submit the following components with your application packet:
- A one-page typed resume which includes your current contact information, your education, work experiences and extracurricular activities.
- Provide one professional references (name, phone #, and email address) that can evaluate your work performance in a previous position.
Applications will be evaluated based on your previous work experience and your ability to demonstrate how it transfers to a RSDSS position, the detailed content of your answers, and a check of references.