Starting Salary: $12.75
Work Schedule: on average 6-10 Hours/Week
*Some exceptions during training and at opening/closing periods, with the possibility to work M – F 8:30am – 5:00pm on occasion
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30am – 11:00pm; Sat – Sun and Holidays 12:00pm – 11:00pm
Applications Due: Not currently accepting applications
This position requires a commitment from August 31, 2020 through closing in May 9, 2021. Staff members will be trained in all aspects of Residential Life Student Services policies and procedures. This position works an average of 6-10 hours per week during the academic year, with the exception of training/opening/closing periods, where hours are increased.
Minimum Qualifications for the position:
- You must be a currently enrolled (6 or more credits) undergraduate student at UMass Amherst in good standing.
- You must be available to attend staff training beginning August 31, 2020* and work opening stations through September 8, 2020*. CSAs that live on campus may move in to their Fall Residence Hall Assignment beginning at 12:00 p.m. August 30, 2020*.
- You must be able to work through December 23, 2020* in fall and May 9, 2021* in spring.
- You must be available to attend staff training beginning January 14, 2020*.
- Hire is contingent upon you successfully completing SPIRE FERPA training.
*Training and end dates are subject to change
- You must be mature, self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude.
- You must have strong organizational skills.
- You must be able to work a scheduled variety of weekdays, weeknights, holidays and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide information, services and/or resources for students or others who call or come to the office in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain accurate occupancy records using SPIRE and record customer interactions using the department database.
- Distribute and collect keys and temporary access cards. Maintain accurate records for keys and access cards during shift. Implement procedures for lost or stolen keys/cards.
- Perform audits of keys and temporary access cards.
- Distribute mailbox combinations as necessary.
- Assist students with maintenance requests.
- Log and distribute packages to residents and update package log accordingly.
- Sort residence hall mail/packages and maintain cleanliness of mail rooms.
- Maintain use of department issued email account and computer network space. A regular check of your department email account is expected on shift.
- Collect, log and secure lost and found items according to protocol.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Keep supervisor(s) informed of any issues/concerns.