Applications for Fall 2024 will be live on Monday February 12, 2024
Salary: Hourly rate consistent with Massachusetts minimum wage
Work Schedule: on average 6-10 Hours/Week*, with a variety of weekday, evening, and weekend shifts available.
*Some exceptions during training and at opening/closing periods, with the possibility to work M – F 9:00am – 4:30pm during break periods.
Applications Due: 11:59PM Tuesday, February 27
Applications submitted via umass.erezlife.com
This position requires a commitment from August 25, 2024 through May 19, 2025. Staff members will be trained in all aspects of Residential Service Desk policies and procedures. This position works an average of 6-10 hours per week during the academic year, with the exception of training/opening/closing periods, where hours are increased.
Minimum Qualifications for the position:
- You must be a currently enrolled (6 or more credits) undergraduate student at UMass Amherst in good standing.
- You must be available to attend staff training beginning August 26, 2024 and work throughout the Move-In period. CSAs who live on campus may move in to their Residence Hall on August 25.
- You must be able to work through fall and spring residence hall closing.
- Hire is contingent upon successful completion of SPIRE FERPA training.
*Training and end dates subject to change
- You must be mature, self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude.
- You must have strong organizational skills.
- You must be able to work a scheduled variety of weekdays, weeknights, holidays and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide information, services and/or resources for students or others who call or come to the office in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain accurate occupancy records using SPIRE and record customer interactions using the department database.
- Distribute and collect keys and temporary access cards. Maintain accurate records for keys and access cards during shift. Implement procedures for lost or stolen keys/cards.
- Perform audits of keys and temporary access cards.
- Distribute mailbox combinations as necessary.
- Assist students with maintenance requests.
- Log and distribute packages to residents and update package log accordingly.
- Sort residence hall mail/packages and maintain cleanliness of mail rooms.
- Maintain use of department issued email account and computer network space. A regular check of your department email account is expected on shift.
- Collect, log and secure lost and found items according to protocol.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Keep supervisor(s) informed of any issues/concerns.