Starting Salary: $12.00
Work Schedule: 6-10 Hours/Week
*Some exceptions during training and at opening/closing periods, with the possibility to work M – F 8:30am – 5:00pm on occasion
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30am – 11:00pm; Sat – Sun and Holidays 12:00pm – 11:00pm
Applications Due: October 26th, 2018
Customer Service Associates(CSAs) are responsible for providing consistent friendly and reliable assistance to the residents of a particular cluster. They issue keys, assist with maintenance concerns, sort mail and distribute packages. CSAs uphold strong customer service standards for dress, greetings, phone calls and superior customer service.
This position requires a one year commitment. Associates are expected to work through the end of hall closing processes in the fall and spring. Work schedules will include weekdays, weeknights, rotating weekends and holidays.
Minimum Qualifications for the position:
- You must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student at UMass Amherst.
- You must be available to attend staff training beginning August 22, 2018* and work opening stations through September 3rd, 2018*.
- You must be able to work through December 20th, 2018* in fall and May 12th, 2019* in spring. – This is a new bullet
- You must be able to attend student staff training on January 16-18, 2019* and work opening stations through January 20, 2019*.
- Hire is contingent upon you successfully completing SPIRE FERPA training.
*Training and end dates are subject to change
- You must be mature, self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude.
- You must have strong organizational skills.
- You must be able to work a scheduled variety of weekdays, weeknights, holidays and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide information, services and/or resources for students or others who call or come to the office in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain accurate occupancy records using SPIRE and record customer interactions using the department database.
- Distribute and collect keys and temporary access cards. Maintain accurate records for keys and access cards during shift. Implement procedures for lost or stolen keys/cards.
- Perform audits of keys and temporary access cards.
- Distribute mailbox combinations as necessary.
- Assist students with maintenance requests.
- Log and distribute packages to residents and update package log accordingly.
- Sort residence hall mail/packages and maintain cleanliness of mailrooms.
- Maintain use of department issued email account and computer network space. A regular check of your department email account is expected on shift.
- Collect, log and secure lost and found items according to protocol.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Keep supervisor(s) informed of any issues/concerns.