Residential Life Student Services is hiring Customer Service Associates for the Spring 2022 academic year.
Starting Salary: $14.25
Work Schedule: on average 6-10 Hours/Week*, with a variety of weekday, evening, and weekend shifts available.
*Some exceptions during training and at opening/closing periods, with the possibility to work M – F 8:30am – 5:00pm on occasion.
Applications Due: October 24, 2021
Apply now at umass.erezlife.com!
This position requires a commitment from Thursday, January 20, 2022 through May 15, 2022. Staff members will be trained in all aspects of Residential Life Student Services policies and procedures. This position works an average of 6-10 hours per week during the academic year, with the exception of training/opening/closing periods, where hours are increased.
Minimum Qualifications for the position:
- You must be a currently enrolled (6 or more credits) undergraduate student at UMass Amherst in good standing.
- You must be available to attend staff training beginning January 20, 2022 and work throughout the Move-In period. CSAs who live on campus may move in to their Spring Residence Hall Assignment beginning at 9:00 a.m. on January 20.
- You must be able to work through spring residence hall closing.
- Hire is contingent upon successful completion of SPIRE FERPA training.
*Training and end dates subject to change
- You must be mature, self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude.
- You must have strong organizational skills.
- You must be able to work a scheduled variety of weekdays, weeknights, holidays and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide information, services and/or resources for students or others who call or come to the office in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain accurate occupancy records using SPIRE and record customer interactions using the department database.
- Distribute and collect keys and temporary access cards. Maintain accurate records for keys and access cards during shift. Implement procedures for lost or stolen keys/cards.
- Perform audits of keys and temporary access cards.
- Distribute mailbox combinations as necessary.
- Assist students with maintenance requests.
- Log and distribute packages to residents and update package log accordingly.
- Sort residence hall mail/packages and maintain cleanliness of mail rooms.
- Maintain use of department issued email account and computer network space. A regular check of your department email account is expected on shift.
- Collect, log and secure lost and found items according to protocol.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Keep supervisor(s) informed of any issues/concerns.