Computer Lab Hours
DB 260 (Trimble Tech Lab) Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm, after hours card access
DB 235 Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Department requires all LARP Students to have their own Windows Compatible laptop computer. Click the following to view the Computer Guide
Large size scan - Fill out a scan request form in the main office (DB 210), attach it to your drawing(s). At least 24hrs notice is required.
Self Service Scan station is in DB 235 Station #30.
Printers & Plotter (DB 260A) Instruction.
Black & White Printer: 8.5x11, 8.5x14, 11x17, single & double sided (1 page 8.5x11 costs $ 0.05)
Color Printer: 8.5x11, 8.5x14, 11x17, single & double sided (1 page 8.5x11 costs $ 0.35)
T1700 Plotter: 24", 36" wide (The average 24x36 plot costs around $7.002)
(Please make sure the file you are plotting is under 10MB, the smaller the better).
Remote print from your personal laptop (windows only)
Please download & install the driver packages from http://umaoitptp2.campus.ads.umass.edu/Uniprint/Packages.asp.
- Design Building Plotters (Remote)
Design Building Printers (Remote)
Contact LARP's Digital TA if you're having issues with printing, plotting, or using the computer lab. You can also view our General Printing Guide for more assistance.
Digital Media TA, Fall 2023
Chaitrali Doke: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - 11:00am - 1:00pm
Wednesday - 12:00 - 1:00pm
Saturday - 10:00am - 1:00pm
Location: Computer Lab 235, Trimble Lab (Saturdays), or Zoom (https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/
*Appointments also available in person or Zoom: To schedule an appointment please visit https://calendly.com/cdoke-
*Office hours are subject to change based on availability/midterms/finals. Special help hours will be provided during these times.
Students can also make appointments with the Digital Media TA for digital/printing/plotting needs by email.
DB Wood Shop & Fab Lab
If you want to train to use the Wood Shop, you must first complete Fire Safety Training
If you want to train to use the Fab Lab (Laser Cutter), you must complete Both Fire and Laser Safety Training.
Trainings sign up: https://ehs.umass.edu/trainings
- Grads & Undergrads from any program in the Design Building are welcome
Questions contact Wood Shop Manager Evan Janes email@example.com (DB112A)
- BSLA Senior GIS Workshop 1/24/2018
- How to print & scan in the Computer Lab
- Graphic Examples
- GIS Mapping Basics
- PhotoShop Basics
- InDesign Basics
- InDesign Example
- GIS Slope Analysis
- Emeritus Professor Mark Lindhult's Tutorial YouTube Channel (AutoCAD, PhotoShop, Illustrator, & etc.)
- Photoshop Beginner Tutorial Video
- InDesign Beginner Tutorial Video
- Rhino User's Guide and Tutorials for Windows
- Grasshopper Tutorials
- Grasshopper Primer
- Lumion 3D Tutorials
- SketchUp Essentials
- Visulizing Architecture by Alex Hogrefe
- Ronenbekerman - Architectural Visualization Blog
- Architecture Rendering Styles
- UMass GIS hub
- MassGIS Datalayers
- Boston Redevelopment Authority Maps & GIS Data
- Boston Building Footprint with Height(GIS Data)
- ArcGIS installation
- Arcgis Online (enterprise login - 'umass-amherst' - login with your umass id)
- Standford EarthWorks
- Leventhal Map digital collections
- Open Geoportal
- UMass Library Digital Media Lab
- Snazzy Maps
- Graphic Design for Architects : A Manual for Visual Communication
- The Noun Project
- LARP Student Gallery
- ASLA Awards Recipients
- UConn Plant Database
- "What Tree Is That?" Tree Identification Field Guide
- Missouri Botanical Garden