Public Relations, Social Media, Integrated Marketing Communication
Senior Lecturer & Director of the Public Relations Curriculum
M.B.A., Suffolk University
S469 Integrative Learning Center
Jennie Donohue is an award-winning public relations and integrated marketing communication professional turned academic, bringing more than 20 years of corporate, agency and non-profit/public industry experience into the classroom. You can follow her on Twitter at @jenniedonohue.
Jennie has a passion for experiential learning, particularly community-based client projects. She has been teaching for well over a decade; most recently serving as a senior professional lecturer and director of the Center for Social Media at Marist College. During her time at Marist, she taught and developed a wide range of public relations, communication and social media courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. She also taught in the College’s Honors Program, conducted workshops for its Emerging Leaders Program and served as a faculty fellow with its Center for Civic Engagement and Leadership. In addition, Jennie was active with several student organizations, serving as faculty adviser to its award-winning Public Relations Student Society of America Chapter, as well as worked with the students to establish its student-run firm, North Road Communications. She has presented at peer-reviewed conferences and been published in an academic journal and public relations textbook.
In addition to her teaching and curriculum development work, Jennie has held positions with industry-leading organizations such as Fidelity Investments and The Kellogg Company along with top global agencies Golin/Harris and Manning, Selvage & Lee, among others. Her work experience spans multiple industries and disciplines ranging from strategic planning and budget oversight to issues management, brand marketing communications, media relations, community relations, employee communication, as well as writing for various mediums.
Jennie is a member of the Public Relations Society of America and serves as a judge for its Silver Anvil Awards. In addition, she developed an on-demand, online workshop, “Creating Communication Tactics that Drive Business Results,” for the International Association of Business Communicators Academy. She also serves as a textbook reviewer and frequent guest speaker on various public relations, social media and communication topics.
Jennie has a M.B.A. from Suffolk University in Boston. In addition, she graduated with honors from Syracuse University with a bachelor’s degree and dual major in public relations and international relations.
- Honorary Membership, The National Society of Leadership and Success
- Excellence in Teaching Award, The National Society of Leadership and Success
- Marist College School of Communication and the Arts Faculty Member of the Year Award, Marist College Student Government Association
- Service Award, Marist College Public Relations Student Society of America Chapter
- Various teaching and service awards, Marist College School of Communication and the Arts
- Hootsuite Platform Certification
- Training in Salesforce Social Studio Platform
- Marist College Certified Online Instructor
- Public Relations Society of America Silver Anvil Award
- American Marketing Association Gold Edison Best New Product Award
- Passed the Series 7 and Series 24 financial licensing exams