Join Us for Spring Break in NYC
New York, New York: The Jewish Cultural Heritage
March 11-15, 2018
New York, New York: The Jewish Cultural Heritage offers an immersion in Jewish culture and history through the lens of NYC’s museums, innovative educational institutions, communal associations, and political organizations. You will gain familiarity with the history of Jewish immigration and settlement in New York, an understanding of political issues facing U.S. and world Jewry, and an appreciation for the Jews’ role in the arts.
The itinerary will include visits to the following:
The Tenement Museum
The Center for Jewish History
Drisha Institute for Women
The Jewish Heritage Museum
HIAS (Hebrew Immigrant Association)
The Joint (JDC)
American Jewish Committee
- Entertainment and special events/activities in NYC, such as the 92nd Street Y, films, concerts.
- Becoming knowledgeable of study, internship, and professional opportunities that will include a visit to Leading Edge– JPro Network and meeting UMass Alums.
Registration: Contact email@example.com by Friday, January 5th, 2018
- Students wishing to receive 1 credit can register via Judaic 398 (practicum) or Judaic 396 (indep study). This includes anyone enrolled in a Judaic Studies course in the spring. A 600-word essay will be required.
- Registration fee: $200. Fee includes lodging (4 nights), admission fees, and most meals. Financial assistance may be available; please inquire for more information.
- Limited to 15 participants
There is the possibility of an organized Shabbat add-on, at additional expense, for those students who wish to remain in NYC for the weekend of March 16-17.
Sponsored by the Robert D. and Pamela M. Jacobs Endowment, Center for Jewish Studies, UMass Amherst