Minor in Middle Eastern Studies:
- HISTORY 130 and 131. Students may substitute Mideast 151 or SPP 151 for History 131.
- One year of a language of the region
- 12 credits of Middle Eastern Studies courses at or above the 200-level chosen from an approved list of courses (see approved Middle Eastern Studies Courses). This can be fulfilled with any combination of 3- and 4-credit classes. Classes taken for requirement 1 may not be used here.
UMass participates in the Five College Middle Eastern Studies Program. Please visit their website for more information.
Minor in Arabic for non-native speakers:
- One year of Arabic language courses (at least two courses and at least six credits) beyond the intermediate level (or the equivalent). Students may choose either Arabic 301 or Arabic 326 to fulfill one of these required courses and may choose either Arabic 302 or Arabic 346 for the second.
Minor in Arabic for native speakers:
- Six Arabic language courses (at least 18 credits) beyond the intermediate level
UMass participates in the Five College Arabic Program. Please visit their website for more information on this program