Minor in Middle Eastern Studies
- HISTORY 130 and 131 (or approved 100-level Middle Eastern Studies courses)
- One year of a language of the region
- Three 3 or-4 credit Middle Eastern Studies courses (at or above the 200 level) chosen from an approved list of courses offered by the Five College consortium. See Middle Eastern Studies Courses.
Minor in Arabic
For non-native speakers:
- One year of Arabic language courses (at least two courses and at least six credits) beyond the intermediate level (or the equivalent).
For native speakers:
- Six Arabic language courses (at least 18 credits) beyond the intermediate level
UMass participates in the Five College Arabic Program. Please visit their website for more information on this program
If you would like to declare a minor in either Middle Eastern Studies or Arabic Language, please bring a transcript to the Department of Judaic & Near Eastern Studies office in Herter 744 and complete a Declaration of Academic Minor Form.