Listed below are professional areas that an IT Minor can help to strengthen one's resume.
Before You Take the Plunge
- Be aware that careers in computers and technology are constantly changing.
- Be prepared to retain and learn new information on a regular basis. Certifications are often an important part of training for technical careers.
- Obtain the certifications that are the most applicable to career goals and interests.
- Gain as much diverse technical experience as possible.
- Seek positions in computer labs, retail computer/ technology stores, or as technological support for any office or business.
- Learn about techology in additional areas such as audio/ visual or telecommunications.
- Become Familiar with the intergration and application of these areas to management information systems.
- Develop physical stamina and strength. Many networking professionals are involved with hands-on, physical activity during network installation and maintainence.
- Specialize in a specific area of business or industry such as medical office support or sound technology so as to become familiar with the applicable software and hardware.