- Access: Follow the steps laid out in SPIRE Access for Employees, selecting "Graduate Admissions Committee Member" from the list of options.
- Navigation: Log on to SPIRE. From the SPIRE Main Menu, navigate to Graduate Application Review > Lookup Graduate Applicants.
- Important: Treat applicant records as FERPA-protected student records.
- The first time you click Lookup Graduate Applicants, you see four options: (1) View all my department applicants; (2) Search for an applicant by name; (3) Search for applicants by admit term, program, plan, and subplan; and (4) Advanced search. If the last search you use is Advanced Search, then next time you click Lookup Graduate Applicants, the Advanced Search page will open right away. Click start over to see all four options.
- If you have a large number of applicants, the View all my department applicants option may time out. Use one of the other search options listed in the first tip to limit your search. View all my department applicants uses a pre-selected term range that will change over time, e.g., Spring 2011 through Fall 2012.
- On the Advanced Search page:
- Be sure to review search criteria before you click search. Setting Admit Term Begin resets Admit Term End. Setting Admit Term End resets Application Center.
- If you have access to more than one Application Center, you may select one to narrow your search. Leave Application Center blank to search all your centers at once.
- On the other search pages: The Admit Term (or range of terms) is a hyperlink next to a green checkmark. Click the link to change the terms.
- On the Search for applicants by admit term, program, plan, and subplan page: To search by Plan and Subplan, search by Subplan first and then click Change Sort Order: Name Ascending on the Applicant Lookup Results page and sort the results by Plan (Degree).
- To download results to Excel, click the Excel symbol () on the Applicant Lookup Results page.
- From an applicant's Available Documents, click Dossier to see a combined document that includes the application, personal statement, transcripts, recommendations, and resume. The dossier is updated overnight with any new documents that have arrived since the last update.
- If a document will not open and you have checked that your browser allows pop-ups for SPIRE, email the Graduate School at email@example.com.
Need more help?
See the Graduate School's Training Information for Faculty and Staff.
- or -
For face-to-face assistance, email SPIRE User Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- or -
Contact the IT Help Center at 413-545-9400.