Class Status indicates the availability of the section.
- (A) “Active” means the section is viewable in the Class Search and students can register for it until capacity is reached.
- (X) “Cancelled” classes do not appear in the Class Search and are not available for registration, but they may be re-activated if the department chooses to offer the section again.
- (D) “Delete” tells CAPS to completely remove this section from SPIRE. If offered in the future, it needs to be added again. Delete is only available during the proposal phase; once the section is open to the campus, you should use Cancelled to remove it.
- (T) “Tentative” sections are planned to be offered, but do not appear in the Class Search and are not available for registration. New sections added in CAPS start off as Tentative until they are approved by the Registrar’s Office.
- (S) “Stop Further Enrollment” indicates the class was active during registration but is no longer available. These sections do not appear in the Class Search and are no longer available for registration. This status is often used temporarily while students are removed from the section.