NOTE: Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is only available to:
- Undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in at least one Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) course at UMass Amherst.
- Faculty and staff who work in a STEM department at UMass Amherst. More details to follow.
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (formerly known as Microsoft Imagine Premium or Microsoft Dreamspark) offers eligible UMass Amherst undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff (see note above) a wide range of Microsoft products at no cost, including Windows operating systems, select Microsoft software (e.g., MS Visio and MS Project), Microsoft server operating systems, applications, and developer tools. Note: The Microsoft Office suite is not available through Azure Dev Tools for Teaching, but is available for free for students, faculty, and staff through Office 365.
Note: Sign in using your NetID@umass.edu account
UMass Amherst’s Azure Dev Tools for Teaching Web store
About the Program
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is a Microsoft program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes. The subscription includes the most current Microsoft developer tools, platforms, and servers.
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching End User License Agreement.
Eligibility & Restrictions
- Products are available to full-time undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in at least one Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) course at UMass Amherst.
- Full-time faculty and staff must work in a Microsoft defined STEM department at UMass Amherst and can use the software only for educational and research purposes.
- Retirees and part-time faculty and staff are not eligible for this program.
- Each eligible individual is entitled to one key per product to install on a single computer. Additional keys will not be available if a reinstallation is required.
Azure offers over 100 products, including:
- Windows operating systems (e.g., Windows 10)
- Select Microsoft software (e.g., MS Project, MS Visio; does not include the Microsoft Office Suite - see Office 365 mentioned above)
- Microsoft developer tools (e.g., Windows CE .NET)
- Windows server operating systems & applications
For the latest list of products, see our Azure Dev Tools for Teaching Web store.