On This Page:
The UMass Amherst community can print documents from anywhere on campus to the black-and-white or color printers in the Learning Commons, IT Computer Classrooms, or the Science and Engineering Library. As of fall 2019, you are no longer required to install and use remote printing software - simply log in and print from the new web interface.
Note: The UPrint portal is only available for devices on the campus network.
- In your web browser, navigate to uprint.umass.edu.
- Click Login with SSO and enter your NetID and password.
- In the upper left of the web interface, click Upload to add a file. A window will open to let you select files. You can upload as many files as needed.
Note: The maximum file size is 52.4mb. Supported formats are Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, images, text (CSV, RTF, & txt).
- To select an uploaded file, click the checkbox to the left of the file name in the files table.
- With a file selected, printing options for that file are displayed in the bottom right corner.
- Once you have chosen your printing options, you can click print preview to the right of the file name in the files table to preview it with those options.
You can also see the total price of each file with your selected options at the right side of the files table.
Print Your Files at the Learning Commons, IT Computer Classrooms, or the Science and Engineering Library
- After uploading your files and choosing options, bring your UCard to any of the public printers in the Learning Commons, IT Computer Classrooms, or the Science and Engineering Library.
Note: Be sure to have your print options configured as described in the previous steps beforehand, as you cannot change options at the printer.
- Scan your UCard at the print release station located next to the printer. The touch panel will allow you to select print jobs from your queue that you want to print.