On This Page:
Follow the instructions below to print using the Pay-for-Print service in IT Computer Classrooms, Learning Commons, or Science & Engineering Library.
For documentation purposes, we've provided instructions on printing from a web browser. The process is very similar for printing other types of documents from other applications.
- Go to File > Print. Make sure to preview your work first using the Print Preview option.
- In the Print window, fill in all applicable fields (e.g., Page Range, Number of copies, etc.), then click Print. The Print Job Details window will open.
- On the Print Job Details window, enter the following information:
- In the NetID field, enter your NetID (IT Account user name) or Guest Card number.
- In the Password field, you can choose to enter a password for added security. This password can be anything you'd like it to be. You'll need to enter this password when you release this printout at the Print Release Station.
- Click Print to send this job to the Print Release Station.
Note: Don't want this print job? Unwanted print jobs are deleted from the printing queue 10 hours after submitting it to the Print Release Station.
- Go to the Print Release Station. Print Release Stations in IT computer classroom, Learning Commons or the Science & Engineering Library are located next to each printer.
- Tap your UCard or swipe your Guest Card.
- On the Print screen, select the print job you would like to release to the printer. The area at the bottom of the screen will display the number of pages in this job and the total amount to be deducted from your UCard Debit Account or Guest Card. To release this print job, click Print.
Note: IT does not give refunds for jobs mistakenly sent from the Print Release Station to the printer. Before you click Print, please make sure to check the length and cost of each printout.