The Secure Online Storage at UMass Amherst service is designed to provide you with better and more secure methods of fostering collaboration. You must agree to follow these acceptable usage standards and must accept responsibility to preserve the security and confidentiality of information that you store, post, share, or access before you use it in an account in the Secure Online Storage at UMass Amherst service.
You agree to:
- Abide by the responsibilities outlined in the UMass Amherst IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Understand the classification of university data and maintain the appropriate safeguards to protect the information. See UMass Amherst Data Management Policies.
- Use the Secure Online Storage at UMass Amherst service appropriately for university data, as noted above.
- Periodically review your security and sharing settings, ensuring that university information is shared only with intended audiences. See How do I securely set up my Secure Online Storage at UMass Amherst account?
- Adhere to established university-wide and departmental policies and guidelines.
- Understand that eligibility to use the Secure Online Storage at UMass Amherst service is based on current affiliation with the university.
Use of the Secure Online Storage at UMass Amherst service indicates acceptance of the Box Terms of Service. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this agreement, do not under any circumstances access or use the Secure Online Storage at UMass Amherst service.