Your instructor can deliver quizzes in Moodle using a variety of question types, including multiple choice, true-false, short answer, numeric questions, and more. Quizzes may be configured in very different ways, so don't expect to always see the same thing when you take a quiz. For example, you may see quiz results as soon as you finish all the questions or even as you submit each question, or you may need to wait until after the quiz deadline or until all submitted quizzes are graded before results are released.
- Log in to Moodle and navigate to your course, then locate the link for the quiz you wish take.
- Quiz links will always be located within the Sections that are stacked down the center of the page.
- If your instructor has added the Activities block, you can also access any released quizzes through the block. Click the Quizzes link for a list of links to available quizzes for the course.
- Click the link to the quiz. The Quiz page will open showing a summary of information about the quiz. This may include:
- The grading method.
- The number of times you can retake the quiz (called "attempts").
- The date range the quiz is available to take.
- The time limit for taking the quiz.
- To begin, click Attempt quiz now. A confirmation page will remind you of any time restrictions or limited number of attempts.
Note: If your quiz is interrupted, you can return to the quiz and click Continue the last attempt to resume your work, even if you lose your connection to Moodle, as long as the deadline for the quiz has not passed.
- Quizzes may have one or more questions per page. The way you answer each question may vary based on the question type. Please note:
- For multiple page quizzes, you can use the Quiz navigation panel (on the left) to move between quiz pages. The panel will show your progress as well as how much time you have remaining if your instructor set a time limit for the quiz. If free navigation is enabled by the instructor, you can use the Quiz navigation panel to move to another page or return to complete any unanswered questions. Completed questions will be highlighted differently from unanswered questions in the Quiz navigation panel.
- For some quiz and/or question types, you will need to click Submit to ensure your answer is recorded.
- For questions without submit buttons, enter your answers and click Next (on the bottom) to continue.
- When you have reached the end of a quiz, the Summary of attempt page will open. This page lists the quiz questions and indicates which ones have been answered. To return to a question for review, or to complete an unanswered question, click the Question number.
- Important! When you are satisfied with your answers, click Submit all and finish to finalize the quiz attempt.
Note: You will not be able to change any answers after you submit and finish the quiz attempt.
Once your quiz has been graded and released by your instructor, you may be able to access a Quiz Review page where you can see quiz questions and your answers, view your score or grade and read instructor feedback. You can use this information to review questions you answered incorrectly or which you couldn't answer.
Your instructor may assign other quiz-like activities in Moodle such as a Choice (a one-question poll) or a Questionnaire (or survey). While the interface from the student point of view will be similar to a Quiz, the biggest difference is that with a Choice or Questionnaire you will not receive a separate score on each question. You may still receive a grade for completing the activity.