On This Page:
Note: To move multiple items at once from one Section to another Section, use The Mass Actions Block in Moodle.
Click Turn Editing On (green pencil icon, top right). Editing icons will appear.
- To move Activities or Resources:
Click and drag the Move icon () at the left of the item link. As you drag, Moodle will dim the items under the item you are dragging. Release the mouse to drop the item into a new location.
Note: If you are using the Collapsed topics format, open the closed section, by clicking on the Section name to move an item into the Section.
To move a Section:
Click and drag the Move icon () at top left of the Section. As you drag over other Sections they will dim. Release the mouse to drop the Section into a new location.
If you are using the default Collapsed topics format, it may be convenient to click Close All (above top Section), then drag Section into a new order. This makes it easier to see what you're doing.
Note: You cannot move the top (General) section.
Click Turn Editing On (top right). Editing icons will appear.
- Click the move icon () for the item you wish to move. Moodle uses Move to here boxes to let you place items in a new location:
- For Activities and Resources, Moodle will highlight the available move locations with an arrow and box.
- For Sections, click the Move Up () or Move Down () arrow on the right.
- Click the Move to here box that appears at the location where you want the item to relocate.