The Mass Actions block allows instructors to perform an action on multiple resources or activities, rather than having to perform repeated actions on individual items. Once items are selected, choose to delete, hide/show, indent/outdent, or move or duplicate them to another section.
Note: The Mass Actions block appears only when editing is turned on. It appears only to Instructors and Course Designers, not Students.
- On your course page, click Turn editing on (top right). When editing is on, the Add a block block appears at the bottom of the right column.
- In the Add a block block, click Add... and select Mass Actions from the drop-down menu. The Mass Actions block will appear below the other blocks in the right column, and a checkbox will be added to the right of each Resource and Activity on your course page.
- To avoid extra scrolling, you may find it convenient to move the Mass Actions block to the top of the column. See Reorder Sections or Items in your Moodle Course.
Note: If you will be performing an action on most of the items in a section or page, select them all, then uncheck particular items.
- On your course page, click Turn editing on (top right). When editing is on, the Mass Actions block (if added to your course) appears, along with checkboxes next to each Activity or Resource.
There are several ways to choose the items on which to perform an action:
To select (or deselect) individual items, on the course home page, select the checkbox to the right of each Resource or Activity you want to edit.
(click to enlarge)
- To select all the items on the course page, click Select all.
- To select all the items in a Section, in the Mass Actions block, use the Select all in Section drop-down.
To clear your selections and start over, click Deselect all.
- To select (or deselect) individual items, on the course home page, select the checkbox to the right of each Resource or Activity you want to edit.
In the Mass Actions block, under With selected, click or select the action you would like to perform on selected items:
- Indent or Outdent
- Hide or Show
- Delete (You will be asked to confirm that you wish to delete selected items. There is no undo!)
- Move to another Section
Duplicate to another Section
Note: If your course uses the Show one section per page layout, and you are on a Section page, you will not be able to move items to another section using the Mass Actions block.
- To perform another action, select items and repeat.