This is the fourth of five phases in a Workshop activity. The primary task during the Grading evaluation phase is to calculate the final grades for submissions and for assessments, and to provide feedback for authors and reviewers. Workshop participants can no longer modify their submissions or their assessments during this phase.
- On your course page, click the link to the Workshop activity. The Workshop planner will open displaying a table where the Assessment phase column should be highlighted green, indicating that it is active.
- In the heading of the Grading evaluation phase column, select Switch to the evaluation phase or the Switch phase icon . A Confirmation page will open, select Continue. The Grading evaluation phase will activate and students will no longer be allowed to submit work or assess each other's work.
- Grades for assessment are calculated with the Comparison with the best assessment method.
This option calculates the submission grade using the assessment scores. To determine the relative weight of the best assessment received for the submission, under Grading evaluation settings, in the Comparison of assessments drop-down menu, select the level of strictness of comparison from very lax to very strict. The stricter the comparison, the more similar the assessments need to be for a high grade to be obtained. Comparison with the best assessment will compare the grades given to assignments and penalize those with grades differing from the average, either above or below. For more information on this calculation, see Moodle's documentation on Grade for assessment.
- To finish grading and release grades to students, in the heading of the Closed column, select Close workshop. The activity will be moved to the Closed phase. Grades will be calculated and released to students.
Note: In the Submission phase, under the Workshop submissions report, instructors can see which students have submitted their work and which haven't. Instructors can also sort the table by Submission or Last modified.
- On your course page, click the link to the Workshop activity. The Workshop planner will open, displaying a table with the current phase highlighted in green.
- Click the Switch phase icon for the Grading evaluation phase.
- To reset assessments and/or grade calculations:
- To clear grades, in the Workshop toolbox section, click Clear all aggregated grades.
- To delete all students' assessments, in the Workshop toolbox section, click Clear assessments.
Note: You cannot undo this step. Student assessments will be saved, but students must open each assessment they were assigned and resubmit their assessment form.
- To influence a student's grade in the Workshop grades report, click on the grade you would like to change in the Grades received or Grades given column. This will open the Assessed submissions page. Scroll down to Assessment settings heading, and select the new grade from the Override grade for assessment drop-down menu. Then click Save and close.
- To override the overall workshop grade for a student, open the course gradebook and enter the new grade for the submission or assessment. To do so, see Manually Edit Grades and Grade Overrides in Moodle.
You can select particular submissions to be published for all course participants to see once the workshop has been closed.
- On your course page, click the link to the Workshop activity. The Workshop planner will open displaying a table with the current phase highlighted in green.
- Click the Switch phase icon for the Grading evaluation phase, and under Workshop grades report, click the Title of the submission to publish.
- Scroll down the page and under Feedback for the author, select the Publish submission check box.
- When complete, click Save and close. When the workshop is closed, any published submissions become visible to course participants.
Note: A submission that has been published will be highlighted blue in the Workshop grades report.