It can be time-consuming to add Resources and Activities to a course. If you have multiple similar items in a course, you may find it helpful to use the Duplicate feature () that is available for each Resource and Activity. Duplication can be especially useful if you use the same Labels in each Section. After duplicating an item, edit the settings and/or rearrange the items on the course page as needed.
- At the top right of your course page, click Turn editing on. Editing icons and links will appear on your course page.
- To the right of the Resource or Activity you wish to duplicate, click Edit, and from the drop-down menu, select Duplicate. The duplicated activity or resource will appear below the original activity or resource.
- To move the duplicated item to a new position, click and drag the () Move icon at the left of the item link. As you drag, Moodle will dim the items under the item you are dragging. Release the mouse to drop the item in a new location.
Note: If you are using the Collapsed topics format, you cannot move an item into a closed section. First click the Section name to open the closed section.
- Next, you should edit the settings for the duplicated item. To the right of the duplicated item, click Edit, and from the Edit drop-down menu, select Edit settings. The Update page will open.
- On the Update settings page, rename the item and reconfigure any applicable settings such as the description, due date, or group settings.
Note: If you have duplicated an activity such as a quiz or database, also open the duplicated item to update any configurations set from within the activity.
Moodle does not provide a tool for duplicating an entire Section, but you can use the Mass Actions tool to duplicate all (or selected) items into a new empty Section. For details, see The Mass Actions Block in Moodle.