Individuals who have Teacher or Course Designer roles in a course can download all instructional files posted in the course. The Download Instructor Files tool is provided as a quick method to capture content added by an instructor to a course.
- Note: This tool downloads only files added by individuals with Teacher or Course Designer roles.
This includes files posted as Moodle Resources (such as Files, the files contained within Folders, images embedded in Labels, etc.), and files attached to or embedded in Moodle Activities (such as Activity descriptions, Quiz questions, Questionnaires, or Wikis), as long as they were added to the course by a Teacher or a Course Designer.
- This tool does NOT download files submitted by students.
To back up student submissions, see Back Up a Moodle Course.
Download All Files Added to a Course by a Teacher or Course Designer
- Log into Moodle and go to the course from which you wish to download files.
- Select Course Management (black gear icon , top right), the Course Management panel will open.
- On the Course Management panel, under Course Settings, select Download instructor files. Moodle will compress the files into a single ZIP file and begin the download process, which will differ depending on your browser settings.
- Locate the downloaded .zip file on your computer and unzip the file.
Note: All files will be contained in a single "flat" directory without any sub-folder hierarchy.