A Page resource allows students to see a single, Web page within a Moodle course. Instructors can format text, add links, insert images and videos, and modify a page's HTML code with Moodle's robust text editor.
- On your course page, click Turn editing on (top right). Editing icons and links will appear.
- At the bottom-right of the Section where you will add the Page resource, click + Add an activity or resource. The Activity chooser will open. (If you are using the Collapsed topics format, first open the Section.)
- In the Activity chooser, scroll down to Resources and select Page then click Add. The Adding a new page page will open.
- In the Name field, enter a title for the page (required). The name you enter will display as a link on your course page.
- In the Description text box, enter a description (optional).
Note: To display the description on the course page, check Display description on course page.
- In the Page content box, add the content that will display on the page (required.) Use the text editor toolbar to format the text (change font style, size, color, alignment, etc).
- Click Save and display to open the page you just created and ensure it displays as expected. New items always appear at the bottom of a Section.
- You can edit the Page (if editing is turned on):
- To move the Page link from the bottom of the Section, use its Move icon ( to the left of the link) to drag and drop it in a new location. (For details, see Reorder Sections or Items in your Moodle Course.)
- To rename the Page, click its Edit title icon (). The title will become editable. To save changes, press the enter (return) key on your keyboard.
- To edit the page contents or formatting, or adjust other settings, next to the Page link, click Edit then select Edit settings to reopen the settings for the Page.
The easiest way to add an image to a page is to drag-and-drop the image file from your computer into the Editor entry box. (This option does not work reliably in Chrome). You can also click the Insert image icon () in the text editor toolbar. For details see Add Images in Moodle.
- On the Edit/Update Settings page for the Page, in the Editor toolbar, click the HTML icon HTML icon (). The HTML view will open.
- Make changes to the HTML source code in the entry box.
- To return to the Editor and preview what you added, click the HTML icon again.
- To save your changes, click Save and display, or Save and return to course.
Note: You can use this method to paste code copied from a service such as You Tube to embed a video onto a Moodle page. For details, see Embed Video or Audio on a Moodle Page.