This page provides information on getting started with Echo360 for instructors who have received an email confirmation that their Echo360 accounts have been created, their lecture capture request has been processed, and/or their Echo360 course has been created.
Before requesting your Echo360 course in SPIRE, see Echo360 Lecture Capture Recordings Policy document for important information on how Echo360 recordings are made, managed, and removed from the system.
For questions or help with Echo360 lecture capture, please contact the Instructional Media Lab at 413-545-2823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can request an Echo360 course to record and share your lectures with your students or request classroom capture for special events.
When you request Echo360 Lecture Capture for the first time, you will receive an email invitation with instructions for completing your user registration. (If you can’t locate the invitation email and need another one, please contact the Instructional Media Lab at 413-545-2823 or email@example.com.)
Request Echo360 in SPIRE
Every semester you plan to to use Echo360 for your course, you will need to submit a request in SPIRE. For details, see Request Lecture Capture. When requesting the Echo360 in SPIRE you can opt to:
- Create recording on your computer with Echo360 Universal Capture software. You will need to download and install this software. For details, see Download & Use Echo360 Universal Capture. Once you have downloaded and installed the software, you'll need to log in with your UMass NetID and password to make a new recording. The recording will be automatically uploaded to your Echo360 Content Library or a specific course you choose.
- Upload recordings from another screen capture program (e.g. Camtasia, Jing). For details, see Upload Content to Echo360.
- Re-use recordings from one of your prior classes. For details, see Lecture Capture and FERPA.
- [Only for Echo-enabled rooms] Automated Classroom Capture. The classroom capture system will automatically capture your lectures according to SPIRE scheduled times. If you need to make an adjustment to that schedule, contact the Instructional Media Lab (firstname.lastname@example.org). For details, see Record a Classroom Lecture with Echo360, Apple laptop users, also see Use Echo360 Classroom Capture with an Apple Laptop.
Once your Echo360 course has been created, you can give students access to individual recordings or an entire semester's content. For details, Moodle users see Give Students Access to Echo360 Recordings through Moodle and Blackboard users see Link Blackboard course to Echo360.
Classroom Capture for Special Events
If you are an instructor, a representative of an academic department or campus office, or a representative from a campus organization wanting to request a recording of a special event in an UMass Amherst Classrooms Equipped With Lecture Capture, see Echo360 Special Event Request Form.
To access Echo360, go to https://echo360.umass.edu and enter your UMass Amherst NetID and password in the Web Login window.
After logging in, you can quickly upload content, locate recordings, and manage your Echo360 courses or content. On your Echo360 homepage, you can navigate to:
- Library - View and manage all content you have access to in Echo360, including your own content and content which has been shared with you.
- Courses - Use the courses tab to see a list of all courses you have access to in Echo360.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Echo360, see Echo360 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s).