Use the following instructions to quickly configure Google Apps on Android and iOS.
You can sign on to your Google Workspace at UMass Amherst account using Single Sign-On to Sync your Mail, Contacts and Calendar with your mobile device.
- To add your Google Workspace Account to your device,
- Android 2.1-2.3: Go to Settings > Accounts and sync > Add account > Google.
- Android 3.0 and up: Go to Settings > Add Account > Google. The Add a Google Account page will open.
- Android 5.0 and up: Go to Settings > Accounts > Add account > Google.
- On the Sign in page:
- Android 2.1-2.3: Tap Menu > Browser sign-in.
- Android 3.0 and up: Tap Existing account > Menu > Browser sign-in.
- Android 5.0 and up: Go to step 3.
Note: Depending on your device, Menu may be a physical button or an onscreen button. Read and agree to Google's Terms of Service, and tap OK to continue. You will be prompted to sign in with your Google Account.
- In the Email field, enter your IT Account NetID@umass.edu, but leave the Password field blank. Tap Sign in. The Google Workspace login page opens.
Note: If you do not add @umass.edu to your NetID, you will not be redirected to the Google Workspace login page.
On the Google Workspace login page, in the NetID field, enter your IT Account NetID. In the Password field, enter your IT Account password, and tap enter.
- Tap Grant Access if you are asked to grant access for your device.
Your Google Workspace account is now configured for your device. On the Account sign-in successful page, select which of your services you would like to sync with your device.
- Open Settings and go to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Select Add Account.
- Select Google as the account type.
- In the Username box, enter UMass email address making sure to include @umass.edu. Password can be left blank. Click Sign In to be redirected to the UMass log in page.
- On the UMass log in page, sign in with NetID and Password.
- Accept iOS permissions and save the account configuration.
The setup process should now be complete. To make sure, open the Mail app and to see if your messages synced to your device.