As of Fall 2013, undergraduates use Apps at UMass Amherst for their UMass Amherst email.
Use these instructions to access UMail on Android mobile devices.
Note: UMass Amherst IT currently offers limited support for mobile devices.
- From the Home screen, press Email icon. The Email menu will open.
- Enter the information for your UMail account in the Email Address and Password fields. Press Next.
- Next, you will be prompted to choose the type of account. Select IMAP. The Incoming Server Settings screen will open.
- In the User Name field, enter your NetID. Your password should already be filled in, but enter it if the field is empty. In the IMAP server field, enter mail-*.oit.umass.edu, where * is the first letter of your NetID. In the Port field, enter 993. Select SSL from the Security type drop-down. Click Next. The Outgoing Server Settings screen will appear.
- In the Security type field, select SSL. In the SMTP server field, enter mail-auth.oit.umass.edu. In the Port number field, enter 465. Select Require sign-in. Make sure that the username and password fields are filled out. Press Next. The Account Options screen will open.
- Select your desired options on this screen and press Next. The Set up email screen will open.
- Enter a name for the account and enter the name that you wish to appear on outgoing messages (optional). Press Done.