You can store your own contacts on the Exchange server and access them from multiple programs (e.g., when you create a contact using your iPhone, you can look up the contact later using Outlook 2011).
- Android: Consult your device’s manual.
- Open the Contacts application.
- In the Contacts application, tap Groups, then Hide All Contacts. Under your Exchange account, tap Contacts. This ensures that the contact you create will be stored on the Exchange server. Tap Done.
- Tap the + icon to create a new Exchange contact. Tap Done when you have finished entering the contact’s information.
Contact groups allow you to create lists of contacts and access them from multiple programs. Certain Exchange programs allow you to address messages to a contact group and the message will be sent to all of its members.
Note: Programs that do not support the creation of contact groups do not allow you to look up or modify your existing contact groups.
- Outlook Web App
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2011: This feature is not available in Outlook 2011. Note: Microsoft's Web site explains that contact groups created in Outlook 2011 are not stored on the Exchange server, so you cannot access them from multiple programs.
- Apple Mail, Calendar, and Contacts: This feature is not available in the Contacts application
- Android: This feature is not available in Android
- iOS: This feature is not available in iOS