To modify the contacts that Apple Mail uses, you must use the Apple Contacts application. Create a contact in Apple Contacts with the instructions below:
- Open the Contacts application. On the left side of the window, there is a heading that is the name of your Exchange account (e.g., “Exchange”). Below this heading are your Exchange contact folders.
- Click the folder where you want to insert a new contact.
- On the menu bar at the top of the screen click File, then New Card. This creates a new empty contact object in the folder that you chose in step 2.
- On the right side of the Contacts window, you will see the empty fields of the new contact object (e.g., “First”, “Last”, “Company”). Click each field to edit their contents.
- Click Done at the bottom of the Contacts window when you are finished editing the new contact.