To access audio-visual (AV) cabinets in auditoria and technology-enhanced classrooms, instructors are now using electronic lock combinations instead of physical AV keys. Lock combinations are available in SPIRE to those instructors teaching in classrooms equipped with AV cabinets. This change went into effect in fall 2013.
Cabinet keys are no longer in use. Please do not contact the Provost’s Office to request a key.
Obtain Your Lock Combination
- Log in to SPIRE with your IT Account NetID and password.
- In the top navigation bar, go to Faculty Home, then click Classroom Locks. The Classroom Lock Combination screen will open.
- On the Classroom Lock Combinations screen, in the Lock Combination column, you will see a 4-digit lock combination if you are teaching in a classroom equipped with an AV cabinet.
Note: Please contact Classroom Technology Services (CTS) at 413-545-5768 to access multimedia equipment in:
- 25 W.E.B. Du Bois Library
- 608 Goodell
- Mahar auditorium podium
- Herter and Thompson auditoria slide projector booths
- 137 Isenberg School of Management auditorium.
For questions about your course listings in SPIRE, including room locations, please contact the academic support staff in your department or the Registrar's Office (413-545-2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions and issues with lock combinations, please contact CTS at 413-545-5768. More information on multimedia equipment loan and support.
Media Equipment Videos
Mahar Auditorium (YouTube Video)
Thompson 104, Herter 227 & 234, Bartlett 65 (YouTube Video)
Thompson 102 & 106, Goessman 20 & 64, Hasbrouck 124 (YouTube Video)
AV Equipped Classrooms (YouTube Video)
Isenberg School of Management 137 Auditorium (YouTube Video)