On This Page:
Universal Capture: Personal is a stand-alone application designed to be used by Instructors on their personal computers to generate video recordings outside of the classroom environment. This section provides information and links to Echo360's instructions for configuring and using Universal Capture software.
Note: Echo360 Universal Capture has replaced the older Echo360 Personal Capture software. Echo360 no longer supports the use of Personal Capture sofyware. If you have Personal Capture software installed on your computer, you should uninstall it and install Echo360 Universal Capture.
Echo360 will remove access to Personal Capture in Fall of 2019. If you have any questions, please contact the Instructional Media Lab at 413-545-2823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Universal Capture Software
To download the Echo360 Universal Capture software:
- Navigate to echo360.umass.edu and log in with your NetID and password. The Echo360 Library page will open.
- On the Echo360 Library page, select Settings (the gear icon) and then select choose Download,
- On the Downloads page, select the version of the software for your computer (Mac or Windows).
For detailed instructions on downloading the software, including minimum system requirements, see Echo360's support page Installing the Universal Capture Desktop Application.
Log into Universal Capture
Universal Capture users can log in to make recordings with Echo360 Universal Capture: Personal.
- Open the Universal Capture program.
- In Universal Capture, select Click here to login. You will be directed to a login page in your browser.
- On the login page, enter your UMass email address. You will be directed to the UMass login page.
- On the UMass login page, enter your NetID and password. A prompt will ask if you would like to open Echo360. Select Open Echo360 capture.
After you have logged in, you will be able to begin making recordings on your machine.
Use Universal Capture
The Echo360 Universal Capture software interface is designed to be intuitive and user friendly. Once you make a recording with Echo360 Universal Capture, it will upload to the Echo360 system. You can specify whether a recording is published immediately to a course for students to access, or if it is unpublished so you can review and/or edit it before making it available.
For links to instructions on creating a capture, see Echo360's support page Create a Capture.