On This Page:
Made to help mathematics and STEM teachers and students at all levels, EquatIO® lets everyone create mathematical equations, formulas, Desmos graphs, and more on their computer or Chromebook.
Input’s easy. Type, handwrite, or dictate any expression, with no tricky coding or math languages to master. There’s a huge library of ready-made expressions to save you time, from simple formulas to complex functions. And when you’re done, just add the math to your document with a click.
- Supports creation of complex mathematical equations into word processing documents.
- Helps users with math/literacy needs who require unobtrusive extra support with creating equations.
- Works on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices and integrates seamlessly with documents, web pages, and office applications.
- Helps build confidence in students and other learning difficulties, physical mobility needs, English Language Learners, and anyone who needs a little extra help with creating and integrating their mathemathical equations.
- Dictate, type, or handwrite complex mathematical equations.
- Have complex mathematical equations read back to you by using the sister tool, Read&Write for Mac, Windows, and/or Google Chrome.
- Integration with LaTeX math.
- Support independence in the classroom, work, and home environments.
- Now available with our license: plugins for Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Improves confidence in writing complex mathematical equations.
- Helps students with dyslexia, dyscalculia, physical mobility needs, and individuals who experience other academic challenges.
- Assists English Language Learners and individuals with English as a Second Language.
- Promotes independent learning and supports students in and outside the classroom.
Available free to UMass Amherst students, staff, and faculty.
EquatIO is available free to UMass Amherst students, staff, and faculty, for as long as you attend or work at UMass.
System Requirements (supported Operating Systems and Word Versions)
*UMass Amherst also has access to EquatIO as a Google Chrome extension. Please see the “Instructions” section below for more details on obtaining this extension.
Without activation, your software will run in trial mode for thirty days, then stop working. After installing EquatIO, these are the actions you need to perform:
- You will be prompted to sign in using one of several different online accounts you may have, with which to activate your software.
- Choose Google. You may then be presented with a list of Google accounts you have access to.
- Choose your UMass Google Apps account. Any other choices will result in your software remaining in trial mode.
- Log in with your UMass NetID and password.
EquatIO for Google Chrome (download from the Google Chrome Webstore)