UMass Amherst Information Technology (IT) welcomes you to the Spring 2022 semester!
Here are a few changes and updates to know about.
Zoom Security and User Experience Updates
This spring, several new default settings are applied in your UMass Amherst Zoom account. These changes protect your Zoom meetings and enhance your Zoom experience.
- More information and full list of new default settings
- Changing Recommended Zoom Meeting Security Settings
Two-Step Login Expansion and Improvements
In response to increasingly sophisticated and widespread cyber security threats targeting universities, UMass Amherst Information Technology is working on several initiatives to further secure your information and university data.
Two-step login adds a new layer of security to your account. Updates for Spring 2022 include:
- UMass Amherst faculty, staff, and students now use two-step login to access more campus services.
- Students now use Microsoft two-step login for a more seamless authentication process.
Microsoft 365 Email and Gmail Security Updates
As of earlier this January, faculty, staff, and students now access their university email only via applications that support modern authentication.
- Most members of the campus community will not notice any impact related to these changes.
- Most devices, as well as current versions of mobile applications, are already configured to use modern login protocols.
- In some cases, you may need to remove and re-add your email account profile to connect to your university email. Remove and re-add your Microsoft 365 email account