About Office 365 Education
Office 365 Education is the Microsoft Office 365 suite available at no cost to students, faculty, and staff at UMass Amherst. Eligible members of the university community can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote on up to 5 devices (Windows or Mac) and Office apps on mobile devices including Windows tablets and iPads. The program also includes 1TB of OneDrive storage. Office 365 Education on Windows also includes Publisher and Access.
- UMass Amherst students, faculty, staff are eligible for Office 365 Education.
- Students who have recently graduated and have an active SPIRE account are also eligible.
- Retirees with active SPIRE accounts have access to the online versions of Office applications.
Download & Install Office 365 Education
- (If applicable) Uninstall any Office trial versions on your device before installing Office 365 Education.
- Navigate to portal.office.com in your web browser and sign in using:
- Username: NetID@umass.edu
- Password: SPIRE password
- Click Install Office Apps in the upper right and then click Office 365 apps.
- Wait for the download to finish, and then run the downloaded installer.