Note: Under a new university-wide contract, Sophos Intercept X Advanced is replacing McAfee endpoint protection at UMass Amherst. More information will follow.
For questions, contact the IT professional in your department as applicable, or IT User Services.
Using anti-virus software is the single most important thing you can do to protect your computer and personal information against viruses and other malicious software. The University provides McAfee anti-virus software for free to all members of the UMass Amherst community. Download the latest version of McAfee for your Macintosh or Windows computer today.
- McAfee anti-virus software is available for free to all members of the UMass Amherst community.
- Anti-virus software is constantly changing. Make sure you have the latest version of the software and that your software is up-to-date with the latest anti-virus definitions.
- It’s not enough just to install anti-virus software! Use it on a regular basis to scan your hard drive, storage devices, and other files for viruses and malware.
- To protect the campus network, computers infected with viruses or malware may be disconnected from the Internet.
Top Support Center Articles
- Install McAfee Endpoint Security & Scan Your Computer for Viruses (Macintosh)
- Install McAfee Endpoint Security & Scan Your Computer for Viruses (Windows)
- Install & Use McAfee Endpoint Security for University-Owned Computers (Macintosh)
- Install & Use McAfee Endpoint Security for University-Owned Computers (Windows)