On This Page:
Zoom is a desktop video conferencing program that allows faculty, staff, and students to host their own live online meetings with video, audio, screen sharing, and text-based chat.
Zoom software is available for Windows and Mac OS, as well as Android and iOS tablets and phones. Users can start a meeting or video call and invite others to join with or without an account using email or a shareable URL. The screen sharing tools allow for rich presentation and collaboration with the ability to draw and annotate on the screen.
- Log in to UMass Zoom: https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/
- Select Sign in to Configure your account.
- Download the Zoom software: https://zoom.us/support/download
Note: When logging in to the Zoom software, your account name will be: netID@umass.edu.
- For information on scheduling meetings and creating a recurring link in Zoom see: Scheduling Meetings in Zoom
Note: To create Zoom links using the LTI tool in Moodle see: Get started with Zoom in Moodle
- To share recurring Zoom meeting web link in your Blackboard or Moodle course site:
- Joining & Configuring Audio and Video
- Meeting controls
- Sharing your screen
- Recording a Zoom Meeting to the cloud
- Using Breakout rooms
To share content using an existing web link, follow these specific instruction based on your LMS: