Over the course of the 2021 - 2022 academic year, the campus phone system will be upgraded to a new unified communications environment.
Unified communications meet our campus communication and collaboration needs and further accelerates UMass Amherst’s digital transformation.
The project is expected to be completed by the end of August 2022.
Superior, convenient user experience
- Make calls and check your voicemail from most devices anywhere.
- Your campus phone number travels with you.
- Seamlessly integrate your phone, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other communication technologies.
- Faster deployment of new features.
- More efficiencies as legacy hardware is retired, and voice and data networks converge.
Other service offerings
- Emergency calling and contact centers remain available in the new environment.
- Planning for a new unified communications system is formalized.
- Project team is formed.
- Bid process for a new vendor starts.
- Technical discovery and assessment of the campus communications environment.
- Request for proposals submitted to UMass Procurement.
- Bid evaluation underway.