On Wednesday, Augusst 2nd, 2023, from 7 to 9 a.m., UMass Amherst Information Technology (IT) will perform network reconfiguration in the W.E.B. Du Bois Library.
- Wired network connectivity will be interrupted during the maintenance window.
- Printers and other specialized devices will lose connectivity and may need to be restarted or reconfigured once the maintenance is complete.
- Connections between computers and certain printers and/or specialized devices may need to be re-established.
- Wireless access will not be impacted.
Actions Departments Need to Take
- Departments can work with their IT support staff to inventory the printers and specialized devices that may be impacted.
- Once the maintenance is complete:
- Computers and printers may need to be restarted.
- IT support teams may need to check, reconnect impacted devices, and re-establish connections to certain printers.
- Departments can report issues related to this maintenance to their IT support or to the IT Service Desk at email@example.com or 413-545-9400.
Thank you for your patience as we implement new security controls intended to increase the resilience of our IT infrastructure and strengthen protections for the campus technology environment.