Starting Monday, January 24, 2022, several new default settings will be available in your Zoom at UMass Amherst account. We are making these changes to protect and enhance your Zoom experience.
- You can report participants for inappropriate behavior to Zoom's Trust and Safety team during or after a meeting.
- Members of the campus community using older versions of Zoom will be required to upgrade Zoom to the latest version.
Previously announced changes related to required security settings have been delayed.
Stay tuned for future updates, and configure recommended security settings.
New Meeting Management Options
- Prior to joining a meeting, participants can choose to have video on or off and change their video settings during the meeting.
- Meeting participants can communicate without interrupting by clicking additional icons (yes, no, slow down, speed up, coffee cup).
- Meeting participants and webinar panelists can rename themselves.
- Hosts will be notified 7 days before the cloud recording is permanently deleted from trash.
Log in to view and edit your settings at umass-amherst.zoom.us.