July 28, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
- International calling has been restored.
- To access voicemail on the web, (voicemail.it.umass.edu) from desktop and mobile devices, use the campus wired or wireless networks or GlobalProtect if you are located off-campus.
On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, UMass Amherst Information Technology (IT) will implement emergency security measures designed to protect the campus phone system. These changes are necessary following a security incident reported this weekend, which involved suspected fraudulent calls from campus phone numbers.
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN) will be required to access voicemail on the web (voicemail.it.umass.edu) from both desktop and mobile devices. This means that you need to use GlobalProtect VPN software before you can access voicemail on the web. Step-by-step instructions on how to install and use GlobalProtect are available at umass.edu/it/globalprotect.
- International calling from campus phones is temporarily suspended.
- Other security measures may be required. You will be contacted if your voice mailbox needs to have its security code reset or other security settings enabled.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the campus infrastructure against information security threats. Updates will be provided as they become available.