July 24, 2021
Box, UMass Amherst's legacy online file storage service, will be officially retired Monday, July 26, 2021.
- Members of the campus community can choose between Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive for their online file storage and collaboration needs. Both platforms can be accessed with your NetID@umass.edu and password.
- Box files were automatically moved to Microsoft OneDrive this spring. Your Box files and folders are ready to use in the BoxData folder in your UMass Amherst OneDrive account.
- A grace period is available until July 31 to allow you to review your files in Box and OneDrive. After July 31, you will no longer be able to view or download files in Box.
Learn More About Online File Storage & Collaboration at UMass Amherst
- Online File Storage Platforms Compared
- Microsoft OneDrive vs. Box
- Where can I store and share my data? UMass Amherst Service Categorizations
- Learn Microsoft OneDrive and Teams
- Microsoft OneDrive vs. Teams and SharePoint
More resources will be added in the weeks to come. For the latest information, see the IT Service Transition: Box Secure Online Storage Retirement Updates.
Questions? Contact IT User Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-545-TECH (8324).