July 1, 2021
In the next few weeks, your course content from Summer 2019 through Spring 2021 will begin to be available in Moodle in the Cloud, the new version of Moodle for summer 2021 courses and beyond.
- In Moodle in the Cloud, under My Courses, you will start seeing your Moodle courses from the 2020 – 2021 academic year first. Earlier courses will also appear in this location in the next few weeks.
- Once course content from Legacy Moodle has been migrated to Moodle in the Cloud, you can use the Import tool to copy it to a new course.
See Reuse a Moodle Course using Import
- If you are teaching later this summer or fall and need your course materials sooner, you can back up the course contents and restore the backup manually on Moodle in the Cloud.
- The Instructional Media Lab is available to support you as you prepare for the new academic year. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching This Fall? A Few Reminders
- Log in to Moodle in the Cloud at umass.moonami.com. Review our Moodle in the Cloud Highlights for what is new and different in the new version of Moodle.
- Plan to have your Moodle course(s) ready for Preview Week starting August 25. Remind your students that their Moodle course is available at umass.moonami.com.
- The legacy version of Moodle remains available for archival purposes for spring 2021 and past semesters, as well as for ad-hoc courses currently running in legacy Moodle. No courses will be offered in both legacy and cloud Moodle.