On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, UMass Amherst Information Technology (IT) upgraded the login page for G Suite (formerly Apps at UMass Amherst). This single sign-on process is currently used to log in to Microsoft products like portal.office.com and Microsoft 365 Exchange email. As a result, the system may already be familiar to many members of the campus community.
- When you visit apps.umass.edu, you can now see a new login page and you will be prompted for your NetID@umass.edu and, then on a new screen, for your password (instead of NetID and password). You will then see your Google Calendar.
- If you use UMass Google Mail, you can log in directly at mail.google.com with your NetID@umass.edu and password.
- If you are having trouble accessing your account or need to reset your password, please change your password in SPIRE. See below for more information.
Having trouble logging in?
If you are having trouble logging into your UMass Amherst Google Mail account, please reset your password in SPIRE.
Do not use the Forgot my password link on the Google Mail login page - please follow the steps below to reset your password in SPIRE instead.
To reset your password in SPIRE:
- Log in to at spire.umass.edu with your NetID and password.
- Click the SPIRE Main Menu in the upper left, then select My SPIRE, and then Change My Password.
- Follow the instructions and click Change IT Password. Your new password will be used for other UMass Amherst services you access with your account, including Moodle and Blackboard. See our Password Management tips for help making a strong and memorable password.
If you are still experiencing errors, please contact IT User Services at 413-545-TECH (8324) or firstname.lastname@example.org.