Get a sneak peek at the new IT Support and Service Portal, a unified online IT support system powered by ServiceNow. The new portal will replace our current online help request form once the beta phase is complete, on January 17, 2019.
- Go to https://www.umass.edu/it/gethelp and click Try the New Portal.
- Tell us what you think! Send your feedback to email@example.com by January 17.
Members of the campus community can use the portal to submit an IT help request and request computer repairs, with more features expected in the near future, including a dynamic IT service catalog, the option to request software, and more.
Benefits of the new IT portal include:
- More visibility into the status or progress of a request.
- Improved routing capability to campus technology departments to ensure that requests are resolved faster and more efficiently.
- Direct access to the IT knowledge base of support documentation (forthcoming).
This is the first milestone of a larger initiative to deploy a comprehensive campus-wide service management system and improve service delivery at UMass Amherst.