This applies to UMail on the Web users only, not Exchange or Google Apps users.
As with other applications you may use, UMail on the Web upgrades are necessary to enhance functionality and to implement performance and other information security improvements. What's New in UMail on the Web
A UMail on the Web upgrade is expected to take effect January 4, 2016. You can test or use it early if you would like.
The new interface has new functionality that many of you expressed interest in, including:
- Improved search
- A preview pane option to see emails without having to double-click
- Drag and drop message management
- The ability to select multiple messages by using Ctrl+click on Windows and Command+click on Mac OS X
- A full featured address book
- Many privacy and security improvements
- And more
If you have any questions, please contact IT User Services at email@example.com or 413-545-TECH (8324).