Search Google Appliance

Information Technology

Ethernet Jacks

Most academic and administrative buildings on campus have dedicated Ethernet jacks that link your computer to the campus network.

Please note, with the exception of North Village and the North Residential complex, wired network access is no longer available residential buildings. Students living in residence halls use the wireless network to access the Internet and network resources.

  • Activation and deactivation of wired Ethernet service for Academic and Administrative buildings is ordered through Network Communications. Your Department's NetCom Rep should submit a Telephone/Ethernet Request form to request service.
  • Problems with existing service should be directed to IT Help Center at 545-9400 (5-9400 on-campus)
  • Visit UMass Amherst IT's Wired Network Access page for information about registering and connecting to the network.
  • Information for residents of North Village and the North Residential Complex can visit the Family Housing Ethernet page