Moodle in the Cloud
- Moodle in the Cloud, an upgraded, cloud-based version of Moodle, was launched in spring 2021 for upcoming summer and fall courses.
- Instructors can request course shells in the new Moodle, while current and past courses remain available in the previous, legacy version of Moodle. Ad-hoc or community courses are also available in Moodle in the Cloud. Updates for instructors
- Highlights of Moodle in the Cloud include the ability to find and contact course participants, optimized forums, and a friendlier presentation of grading and statistics.
- Easy and secure environment for instructors to post course content online.
- Wide collection of traditional instructional tools, including discussion forums, online quizzes, drop boxes for assignments, live chats, and online grade books.
- Student-centered collaborative tools include Wiki, Workshop, Glossary, and Database activities.
- Integrates with other university services (e.g. Google Apps at UMass Amherst and OWL), as well as with external services (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Open Education resources), and with publisher educational resources.
Top Support Center Articles for Students
- Student Access to Moodle Courses
- A Quick Tour of Moodle for Students
- Manage Email Notifications in Moodle for Students
Top Support Center Articles for Instructors
- Request a Moodle Course through SPIRE
- A Quick Tour of Moodle for Instructors
- A Guide to Building a New Course in Moodle
- Reuse a Moodle Course Using "Import"
- Important Settings for Your Moodle Course