On This Page:
The technical staff in the IT Repair Center can repair computers and some mobile devices. They are Authorized Warranty Service Providers for Dell, Apple, and Lenovo and can repair these computers (except IdeaPad and Essential lines) under the terms of their warranties. We sell and install system components including wireless cards, memory, and hard drives.
- Please contact your area's IT administrator first for initial assessment of hardware repair needs.
- Your area's IT administrator will make a referral for repair service as necessary, and will either ask you to drop off the device at the UMass Store and pick it up from the UMass Store after Repair Center service, or will make an appointment to drop off the device themselves.
- Fill out the IT Repair Center Service Agreement
Personal (Non University-Owned) Devices
- Bring your device to the UMass Store (by appointment).
- UMass Store processes and delivers the device to Repair Center for service.
- After Repair Center service, UMass Store coordinates a time for you to pick up the device.
The U$ave program offers competitive discounts on desktops, laptops, tablets, and peripherals from popular manufacturers.
UMass Amherst is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) campus. If your device is not listed, we will make a best effort to assist you or make a referral. Please contact us for more information.
iPhone 6 and newer | What iPhone do I have?
iPad 2 and newer | What iPad do I have?
Early 2011 and newer | What MacBook Pro do I have?
Late 2010 and newer | What MacBook Air do I have?
Late 2012 and newer | What Mac Mini do I have?
Mid 2011 and newer | What iMac do I have?
Mid 2012 and newer | What Mac Pro do I have?
To check if your model is supported go to dell.com/support and enter your service tag.
Alienware purchased after September 2009
To identify your model go to support.lenovo.com and enter your serial number. Support is not available for Lenovo IdeaPad and Essential lines.
- ThinkPad 11e Series
- ThinkPad E Series
- ThinkPad Edge
- ThinkPad Helix Series
- ThinkPad L Series
- ThinkPad R Series
- ThinkPad Reserve Edition
- ThinkPad S Series
- ThinkPad SL Series
- ThinkPad T Series
- ThinkPad Twist Series
- ThinkPad W Series
- ThinkPad X Series
- ThinkPad X Series
- ThinkPad Yoga Series
- ThinkPad Z Series
With a valid UMass ID:
$50 diagnostics for first hour of work
$50 per hour flat rate per additional hour of work
With a valid Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mt. Holyoke College, or Smith College ID:
Please visit the IT department at your college's campus before coming to UMass Amherst IT.
$65 diagnostics for first hour of work
$65 per hour flat rate per additional hour of work