October 11, 2018 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
The UMass Assistive Technology Center will be hosting the 4th Annual Inclusive Design 24 Online Conference sponsored by the Paciello Group and VFO, both leaders in the field of Accessibility integration into Usability, Universal Design, Information and Communication Technology, Engineering, and more.
Inclusive Design 24 (#id24) is a free 24-hour online event for the global community. It celebrates inclusive design and shares knowledge and ideas from analogue to digital, from design to development, from planners to practitioners, and everything and everyone in between. At UMass Amherst, we won’t be hosting it for 24 hours, but we will host during the work day! Please “BYOD” (bring your own device) and “BYOL/S” (bring your own lunch/snacks). There will be an ongoing Twitter chat happening with people participating all over the world. The hashtags used will be #id24 and #id24Umass. Please use these when tweeting!
- Will lunch be served?
- Because it is an all-day online conference and many people will not be attending every session, we will not be serving lunch. Coffee, tea, and water will be provided. Please bring your own lunch and snacks.
- Do I need to register?
- Not for the conference specifically, but “yes” for the Assistive Technology Center purposes. Please register so we can have a proper head count for each session.
- Can I bring a colleague?
- Yes! Just make sure they register, as well.
- Will I need to bring anything?
- Please “BYOD” (bring your own device) and “BYOL/S” (bring your own lunch/snacks – there is a place to heat up food!). There will be an ongoing Twitter chat happening with people participating all over the world. The hashtags used will be #id24 and #id24Umass. Please use these when Tweeting!
- Who can I contact if I have questions about this event?
- The Assistive Technology Center at email@example.com or 413-545-9623
- Kelsey Hall, Assistive Technology Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joshua Pearson, IT Accessibility Consultant at email@example.com
- Hannah Fleming, ATC Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you will take advantage of this professional learning opportunity! See you there!
W.E.B. Du Bois Library, Room 750 (7th floor)