On This Page:
- Have students join a Zoom meeting with a web cam and ensure all students are muted.
- Inform students that you will occasionally be requesting that they share their screens, and that they must approve within 20 seconds of the request, allowing you to see any tabs they may have open.
- Create a breakout room for each student. This keeps them from being able to share work via their webcams to one another.
- Have yourself (and a TA if available) keep an eye on students by jumping in and out of the breakout rooms.
- Have each student show their work to their cameras upon request.
If you would like to use Echo360 Universal Capture for your course, please see the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Echo360 UMass Amherst portal and log in with your NetID and password.
- On the Echo360 Home page, click Settings (gear icon) and select Download.
- On the Downloads page, select Universal Capture for the operating system you use.
- For instructions on how to make a recording, please see Echo360's Start a Recording with Universal Capture guide.
- For instructions on publishing your recordings to your Echo360 course, please see the Share (Publish) and Unshare Media to a Course guide.
You can access and register for daily "Teaching at a Distance with Zoom" and "Echo360 Universal Capture" webinars at etna.it.umass.edu.
The Libraries have created a page highlighting remote services available to instructors.
This includes information on librarians providing instruction sessions, research support, and digitally available material to support online instruction (with some restrictions).
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.