In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, UMass Amherst has assigned an agent to be notified of alleged copyright infringement occurring on the UMass network. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed, please notify the agent specified below.
Please note, this contact information is for reporting of copyright infringement only and should not be used to request copyright permissions.
University of Massachusetts Amherst Information Technology
740 North Pleasant St
Amherst, MA 01003
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires all infringement claims to be submitted in writing. Infringement claims must include all of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner, or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material, and information reasonably sufficient for UMass Amherst to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, phone number, and email;
- A statement by you stating belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the submitted claim is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.