Courtesy Non-Employee, Non-Student (NENS) accounts are provided to certain individuals who have a special relationship with the University, usually for a limited time. For example:
- New faculty, who may need to prepare for classes before their first semester of employment begins
- Adjunct faculty
- 5-College department faculty and staff (e.g., Astronomy and Dance)
- Visiting scholars or faculty
- Faculty or staff from other UMass campuses, by special arrangement
- Individuals with part-time teaching contracts (for the period of their contract only)
- Other individuals formally associated with the University, upon verification of status
NENS accounts are now requested through SPIRE, rather than with the PDF form used in the past.
Instructions for requesting a NENS account
Note: If you have any questions about qualifying for NENS status or the NENS form, contact IT Help Center at 413-545-9400 (option 1).
To renew, ask your same sponsor (Dean, Director, or Department Head or designee) to email email@example.com with your new expiration date and details on your NENS status. Note: Do not email a completed NENS form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NENS applicants and account owners may not be eligible for a UCard. UCards are only issued to active students recognized by the University Registrar, or staff and faculty acknowledged by the University Human Resources Department.