UMass offers a variety of internal sources of funding to help support faculty research. The Dean’s Research Council offers SBS Research Support Grants, a new SBS Dean's Research Excellence Award and Speaker/Conference Grants. We also list a variety of other University-level research funds that are available so that you have the information all in one place!
The fall deadline for these is October 15, 2015.
Research Support Grants —To support a new research project (e.g., research assistant funding, project-related travel, sabbatical support, etc). Up to $7,000 per Principal Investigator, up to $14k if two PIs from SBS.
SBS Dean's Research Excellence Award —This award recognizes distinguished achievement in scholarship and research.
Conference/Visitor Grants —To bring a speaker or colleague to campus or to host a conference or workshop on campus. Up to $2,000 support with a 1:1 match from other sources. Please indicate the source of the matching funds.
Applications should be submitted online by October 15 here.
Other Internal Funding Opportunities for 2015-16:
- MSP Research Support Fund, due October 2, 2015
- Samuel F. Conti Faculty Fellowship Awards, due December 4, 2015
- Book Publication Subvention Program, due January 16, 2016
- Institute for Social Science Research Scholars Program, due January 23, 2016
- Family Research Scholars Program, due January 29, 2016
- Faculty Research Grant/Healey Endowment Grant, due February 12, 2016
- Public Service Endowment Grant, due April 30, 2016
- Interdisciplinary Studies Institute Faculty Fellowship, due spring 2016
For more funding opportunities, visit the pages on Faculty Funding on the ISSR website.